Staff Milestones Support the Community
April 11, 2017
The Office of HIV Prevention and Treatment is pleased to recognize some recent major milestones for our team. Through a mix of funding from several different grants, we have hired three new staff members and promoted two others. Starting on the left, they are:
- Napatkamon “Yui” Ayutyanont is our new HIV Care Continuum Manager. Most recently, Yui served as the Manager of Scholarly Activities in the MIHS Research Department. She has a background in statistics and population health management.
- Kate Thomas is our new Young Adult Coordinator. Most recently, Kate worked at Planned Parenthood. She has a background in adolescent reproductive health.
- Marge Samson has been promoted to Special Populations Manager. Most recently, Marge was one of our ARTAS Program Coordinators. She has an extensive background working in the field of HIV.
- Sue Behera has been promoted to Ryan White Dental Coordinator. Sue first came to MIHS as a VISTA volunteer during the first year of Open Enrollment under the Affordable Care Act. She has worked in HIV prevention and, most recently, as a Community Health Advisor.
- Eric Powell is new to our Office but not to MIHS. Eric is our new Clinical Quality Management Coordinator. Most recently, he served as the Executive Assistant in the MIHS Research Department. Eric has a background in Quality Assurance with a major national health insurance company.
Having reached these milestones will allow MIHS to build upon our decades-long tradition and reputation for providing high-quality, compassionate, and cutting edge care to our HIV positive patient population. With the rest of our Office team, we will work with the McDowell Health Care Center and across our health care system to improve our models of HIV care and services and chart a course towards a brighter future. We remain committed to providing exceptional care, without exception, to every patient, every time.