Diabetes Education Program
Do you have diabetes? Are you having problems keeping your blood sugar level in good control?
We can help! We offer instruction through individual visits or classes, in English, Spanish and other languages.
Ask your doctor to refer you to our program for diabetes education.
You can call us at 602-344-5104 for more information (Se habla español).
We will teach you about:
- What diabetes is
- Medicine for diabetes
- How to check your blood sugar
- Healthy eating
- How to prevent low blood sugar
- Sick Days care
- Stress management
- Prevention of long-term problems
- Resources for continuing education
- Class 1: About diabetes, medications, exercise, blood sugar checking
- Class 2: Healthy meal planning
- Class 3: Low blood sugar, sick days care, emotional aspects of diabetes
- Class 4: Prevention of long-term complications, good foot care
This program has been recognized by the American Diabetes Association as meeting the National Standards for Diabetes Self-Management Education.
Individual instruction is available at the following clinics:
2525 E Roosevelt Phx
3rd floor Cardiac Rehab
- Avondale FHC
950 E Van Buren AV
811 E Hamilton Chandler
- Glendale FHC
5141 W Lamar Glendale
5825 E Calle Guadalupe
- Maryvale FHC
4011 N 51st Av Phx
59 S Hibbert Mesa
- Seventh Avenue FHC
1205 S. S 7th Av Phx
Phoenix, AZ 85305
- South Central FHC
33 W Tamarisk Phx
- Sunnyslope FHC
934 W Hatcher Phx
Classes are offered at the following clinics:
Call 602-344-5104 for more information (Se habla español).